Here are copies of some of the filings in Cohen v. DirecTV, no. S177734:
- Petition for Review (11/06/09; deemed filed 12/01/09)
- Depublication Request of Initiative Legal Group (11/23/09)
- Depublication Request of Khorrami Pollard & Abir LLP (12/02/09)
- Opposition to Depublication Request (U.S. Chamber of Commerce) (12/11/09)
- Opposition to Depublication Request (Assn. of SoCal Defense Counsel) (12/14/09)
- Depublication Request of Consumer Attorneys of California (12/23/09)
I do not have a copy of the answer to the petition for review, filed on 12/01/09, and would be grateful to anyone who can forward a copy. By my calculations, we can expect an order either granting or denying the petition for review (and the depublication requests), or extending the time to do so, by Wednesday, January 27, 2010.
Close readers of the petition for review may observe its striking similarity to my original blog post on the Cohen decision. They say that imitiation is the sincerest form of flattery, and one of the reasons I write this blog is to share ideas, but please, if you want to copy my language, extend me the courtesy of citing my blog as your source. Thanks!